Valid US Physician Prescription is Required:
Prescriptions for sleep apnea equipment can be provided by authorized health-care professionals. The following products require a prescription in order to be purchased:
- Intact, complete CPAP masks. However, a prescription is not required when buying replacement parts. See details below.
- Any new CPAP/Bilevel machine or humidifier.
Prescription NOT Required:
A prescription is not required if you are buying CPAP replacement parts. These include items such as cushions, filters, tubing, headgear, or mask frames.
Also, most CPAP masks can be sold without a prescription if they are unassembled. When choosing to make your purchase in this manner, select the option “Buy Unassembled Without Prescription” at the product page. You will receive your mask system in parts, requiring some simple assembly. Instructions will be included.
We accept prescriptions written by the following healthcare providers, licensed in the United States of America:
- Medical Doctor (M.D.) or Psychiatrist
- Doctor of Osteopathy (D.O.)
- Dentist (D.D.S.) or Orthodontist
- Physician’s Assistant (P.A.)
- Nurse Practitioner (N.P.)
The following information must be legibly included on the prescription:
- Complete name of the patient
- Date of Issue and Length of Need (if length of need is not specified, we will honor the prescription for up to 8 years after it was signed)
- Type of CPAP equipment being prescribed (If prescription is for a CPAP machine, patient’s pressure setting should be included)
- Provider’s signature (handwritten or electronic authorization)
- Provider’s contact information (with NPI information, when possible)
- If an expiration date is indicated, we will accept the prescription up to the indicated date;
We will save your prescription in our files, removing the need for you to resend it in future orders.
The brand name of the product you choose is your option; it is not required to be part of the prescription provided by your healthcare provider. If your provider recommends a specific brand, you are not obligated to use it. The prescription is valid for an equivalent item of any brand or maker.
If an item in your order requires a prescription, your prescription must be received before the order can be shipped. You have the option to send it to us either via email or regular mail. Please include your name and order number (if available).
Valley CPAP and Medical Supplies, LLC
9820 Topanga Canyon Blvd
Chatsworth, CA 91311